Organisational, People, Business and Community Development - Creation and delivery of bespoke and standard courses, workshops and seminars for a variety of audiences ranging from small community enterprises to large groups of university students.
Courses can be half day or one day courses or part of a long term programme.
Recent and current work
- Leadership Development Programme Vodafone, Cairo Egypt including training on performance management, delegation, coaching skills for managers and motivation and engagement.
- Human Resource and Management courses including coaching and mentoring, employee engagement and managing development needs at Wiltshire College.
- Undergraduate and post-graduate courses including group facilitation, and Coaching and Mentoring at the University of the West of England, Bristol Business School.
- Training for the Digital Champions and Volunteer Co-ordinators of Wiltshire Online.
- Training for Doorway on working with an ‘outcomes focus’.
- Training for Mediationplus on presentation skills.
Training style: interactive, flexible, practical, encouraging and engaging but with a clear focus on task and objectives to meet.
What people have said about my courses
"Excellent training, very enjoyable, practical"
"(The trainer was) Very skilled, clear and uncluttered presentations and exercises, positive, encouraging, knowledgeable"
"Thanks for being flexible. We needed this."
"I feel much more equipped to move the organisation forward with business activities"
- Leadership & Management
- Facilitation skills
- Business planning
- Volunteer management
- Working with outcomes
- Social Enterprise & Trading
- Negotiating & Influencing skills
- Visioning and strategic planning
- Personal Development
- Market research & Marketing
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Training needs assessments & Developing training
- Building effective working relations
And other courses can be created to meet your needs. Contact me to discuss.
Facilitation of small and large group work, including action learning sets, and strategic and staff development days.
Facilitation will be built around the customers priorities and can include one or more of the topics that I cover in courses.
For both the courses and the facilitation delivery will be thoroughly prepared in dialogue with the customer to define the needs and objectives for the day. Based on these discussions I will draft a plan often consisting of interactive activities and challenging discussions for the delivery.
The customer gets ample opportunity to influence the contents of the plans and make sure that she gets value for money. As such the creation of the day is very much a joined effort.
However, no amount of planning can prevent that the success of these events is highly dependent on the input and needs of participants. It is my belief that the better the preparation the easier it becomes to go with the flow and let discussions and solutions form themselves based on the expertise, passion and participation in the room.
Flexibility in the delivery but still keeping an eye on the original objectives is one of my main strengths used to achieve the highest vision of what is possible on the day.
Quote from a participant:
"I didn’t know where this was going, but it has been very useful and I now have a useful plan for the coming months"